6th Edition EI 1583 Qualified
The PECOFacet 2" Model FG Fuel-Gard® monitor cartridges perform three jobs - they absorb free and emulsified water, remove ultra-fine solids and shut down system flow when hit with a localized slug of water, giving you clean, dry fuel. The Model FG Fuel-Gard® monitor cartridges are designed to flow from the outside to inside at a rate of 1 gallon (3.79 liters) per inch of length.
Fuel-Gard® monitor cartridges meet the 6th Edition of EI 1583 Specifications and Qualification Procedures - Aviation Fuel Filter Monitors with Absorbent Type Elements.
Each Model FG Fuel-Gard® monitor cartridge is constructed of various water absorbent media, plus fine filtration layers wrapped around a molded center tube for balanced flow and structural strength - all encased in a protective outer sock material. The end cap material is of injection molded, glass-filled nylon which provides superior strength and ease of maintenance. This material gives excellent support for the o-ring on the mounting/adapter end.
Standard Design Features
- Tested and qualified to meet the 6th Edition of EI 1583 Specifications and Qualification Procedures - Aviation Fuel Filter Monitors With Absorbent Type Elements
- Multi-layered media for increased solids holding, water removal and shutdown protection
- New conductive end caps with anti-static properties which greatly reduce the possibility of static discharge during the fueling process
- Structurally withstands a minimum of 174 psi (12 kg/cm²)
- Not adversely affected by exposure to temperatures varying from -65ºF (-54ºC) to 160ºF (71ºC)